Healthy, strong, and whiter teeth not only help in enjoying delicious food but also makes your face attractive. The tooth is a beautiful structure made by nature, food without it also looks tasteless. White, strong, and healthy teeth are not only useful in eating food, but it also adds beauty as a human being. Teeth also help in the digestion process by chewing food.
Teeth are the precious structure of our bodies, and it is very important to take care of them. If the teeth are not taken care of properly, then tooth decay, pain starts, due to which you may have stomach related diseases. Lack of proper care of teeth can also lead to gum diseases, due to which the gums become weak and swollen and smell from them.
Nothing feels good due to dental problems like pain, paleness, bleeding, etc. and you can neither eat nor drink or sleep peacefully. Therefore we should take very good care of the teeth to keep healthy teeth and for a good smile on the face.
Also, read – Amazing benefits of laughing
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons for damage to teeth –
- 2 Natural home remedies to keep teeth healthy, clean, strong and whiter always –
- 2.1 Special attention to teeth cleaning –
- 2.2 Drink plenty of water for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.3 Use of hydrogen peroxide for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.4 Use of sugar-free chewing gum for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.5 Foods for strong, white and healthy teeth –
- 2.6 Eat less of sugar and acidic foods –
- 2.7 Do not consume tobacco-rich substances:
- 2.8 Henna for strong teeth –
- 2.9 Use of oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.10 Use of Baking soda for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.11 Apple vinegar for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
- 2.12 Use of Olive oil –
- 2.13 Use of Turmeric –
- 2.14 Basil –
- 2.15 Gooseberry –
- 2.16 Peppermint for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
- 2.17 Mustard oil and salt for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
- 2.18 Sesame oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
- 2.19 Neem (Azadirachta indica) –
- 2.20 Use of Clove oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
- 3 Keep these things in mind to protect teeth from cavities –
Reasons for damage to teeth –
The teeth are mostly damaged due to food and drink. Not cleaning properly after this can be the main reason for tooth damage.
- Not using a good soft brush for brushing teeth, not brushing well, not using a good quality toothpaste can damage teeth.
- Many bacteria are found in sweets. People eating more sweets have more bacteria in their mouths. Bacteria damage the enamel of the teeth by producing acid and the condition is made worse by not regularly cleaning teeth. It is often seen in children that eating chocolate causes their teeth to deteriorate. To avoid this, parents should pay attention to drinking water and washing their mouths after eating chocolates.
- Drinking too much of a cold drink causes great harm to the teeth and due to the increased sweetness in canned juice, it also causes the teeth to deteriorate. Instead of drinking fresh juice, there is no harm to teeth, and health is also improved.
- If you consume coffee to increase energy, then there is a possibility of tooth deterioration because drinking more coffee causes yellowing of the teeth, which does not go away even after brushing.
- Some people start rubbing their teeth together due to stress and lack of sleep, which causes the teeth to become weak.
- If you use teeth to open the lid of the bottles, then be careful, because by doing this, cracks in the teeth start and the teeth can become weak and break.
- Some people are very fond of eating ice, but if eaten in large amounts of ice, then the teeth can suffer heavy damage because eating more ice can cause cracks in the teeth.
- It is often believed that children have the habit of chewing pencils, but many older people also get used to putting a pen or pencil in the mouth and chewing during work. If you do not get rid of this habit as soon as possible, the teeth can get worse.
- Most varieties of candies contain acid, but sour candies contain a high amount of acid to give them a sourness. So avoid eating these candies as it can cause major damage to the enamel of your teeth.
- Medications can damage the enamel of the teeth in two ways – by reducing the amount of saliva and causing dryness in the mouth or due to the presence of an acidic substance in it. Also, the presence of vitamin-C in drugs or supplements makes them highly acidic, which can damage enamel.
Natural home remedies to keep teeth healthy, clean, strong and whiter always –
Special attention to teeth cleaning –
If teeth are to be kept healthy then the most important way is to clean teeth. For this, special attention should be paid to cleaning teeth. Below are some easy remedies for cleaning teeth –
Brushing teeth properly –
Use only a soft toothbrush for brushing. While brushing, keep in mind that do not rub the teeth, just clean them with light hands. Brush for at least two minutes. To keep the teeth clean, it is necessary to brush so that all the particles of food stuck between your teeth can be removed, so you should brush well in the entire mouth for two minutes by rotating up-down, right-left. After brushing, do not forget to lightly massage the teeth with the finger.
Use different types of toothpaste for clean, strong, white and healthy teeth –
Just as our body needs different types of nutrients, if toothpaste is also used interchangeably, it can be beneficial. Different ingredients like salt, neem, cloves, acacia, etc. are present in different brands of toothpaste, which can prove to be good for the health of teeth. And you will also get different types of flavor so that you will not be bored and you will brush with great interest.
Brush at night before sleep –
It is necessary to brush at least twice a day. To keep teeth healthy, it is necessary to brush before bedtime at night. This removes trapped food in your teeth and keeps teeth healthy.
Also, read – Natural ways for a good and relaxed sleep.
Tongue cleaning is also very important. If the tongue remains dirty, then bacteria can grow on it, which is also the cause of the smell of the mouth. Along with brushing, it is essential to clean the tongue with a good tongue-cleaner.
Use a good mouthwash –
Mouthwash reduces the amount of acid in the mouth, cleansing the gums, and the areas around them that are hard-to-brush. Mouthwash is helpful to help get things in balance. It is good that you use herbal neem-based, cloves, minted mouthwash, which is also best for children and people with sensitive teeth.
Drink plenty of water for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
Although water is useful to lower blood pressure, lose weight, and overall health, it is also useful to keep mouth and teeth healthy. By drinking water, the particles of food stuck between the teeth move into the stomach with water and no dirt gets trapped between the teeth. It is a natural mouthwash that keeps the mouth clean from time to time. This does not stain the teeth of tea-coffee or other food and drink.
Also, read – Right ways to drink water
Use of hydrogen peroxide for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
Hydrogen peroxide is a natural bleaching agent. It also destroys the harmful bacteria present in your mouth. People have been using it since ancient times to get rid of bacteria.
In one such study, it has been proven that toothpaste with baking soda and 1% hydrogen peroxide causes tooth whitening in teeth. Another study found that toothpaste with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide regularly brushing teeth twice a day for 6 weeks results in 62% tooth whitening.
You can also use mouthwash in which hydrogen peroxide is found, but remember that the amount of hydrogen peroxide in it is only 1.5% -2% as it can be harmful to you in excess.
Use of sugar-free chewing gum for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
You can also use a sugar-free chewing gum after eating food. This makes slippery in greater quantity, which works to clean the plaque acid.
Foods for strong, white and healthy teeth –
Eat fruits and vegetables for healthy, strong and white teeth –
The jaw is strengthened by eating fresh fruits and vegetables cut from teeth and chewed. Fast foods are convenient but are harmful to our bodies as well as teeth. Parents should work hard to make habits to feed their children at an early age. Do not cut the food items into small pieces, but let them chew with jaws.
Fruit contains many enzymes and other essential elements that naturally cleanse the teeth. Especially fruits that contain vitamin C.
Strawberries should be consumed to keep teeth healthy. The enzymes found in it naturally reduce the yellowing of teeth by increasing the secretion of saliva in the mouth, as well as reducing bacteria. This makes the teeth strong and shiny.
As per researches, Bromalin found in it by eliminating the bacteria of teeth and reduces the yellowness of teeth. Apart from this, by taking it daily, inflammation in the body ends.
Vitamin D in mushrooms keeps teeth healthy. Mushrooms contain a natural amount of antibiotics, which helps to prevent other fungal infections along with small bacteria.
Plenty of lactic acid and phosphorus are found in the cheese which helps in preventing tooth decay. Also, it strengthens the bone structures of the body and strengthens teeth and gums.
Consumption of apple is the best medium for cleaning teeth. By consuming it, it gets rid of the bacteria that grow in them along with the smell of teeth.
Burn the bark of berries and grind it finely to make its powder. Then mix rock salt and black pepper in it and brush with it regularly. By doing this, both teeth and gums will get strengthened.
Dry the pomegranate flowers in the shade and grind it finely, then fill it in a vial. By brushing daily with this powder, teeth and gums become extremely strong.
Lemon contains vitamin C, which helps in strengthening teeth. For this, mix ordinary salt and some amount of mustard oil in lemon juice. Then massage it with light hands on the teeth, it will stop shaking of weak teeth and it will get stronger.
Radish is rich in calcium. Therefore, consuming radish daily gives strength to weak teeth and gums.
Boil fenugreek seeds in water and rub them on the teeth after cooling, this will strengthen the weak teeth as well as relieve the pain of teeth.
Peanuts are also very beneficial for the health of teeth. By chewing it properly, the teeth and gums are strengthened as well as the pain in the teeth is also relieved.
Eat less of sugar and acidic foods –
Sugar gets converted into acid in the mouth, which destroys the enamel of the teeth, this acid also causes dirt in the mouth. Acidic fruits, tea, and coffee are also harmful to teeth. It is not necessary that such foods should be completely avoided, but you can use them less. Try to take as little sugar as possible. Also, it would be better to avoid the consumption of sticky foodstuff. If you eat anything like this, then rinse immediately.
Do not consume tobacco-rich substances:
The nicotine found in tobacco affects not only the nervous system but also the health of your teeth. To keep the teeth healthy, nicotine-rich substances like pan-masala, tobacco, etc. should not be consumed.
Henna for strong teeth –
If teeth and gums are weak, sometimes blood comes out of them. In such a problem, after boiling the henna leaves after cooling them, rinse with them.
Use of oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
In ancient times people massage oil on their teeth for cleaning. This massage struggles to get rid of plaque-causing bacteria in the teeth. People often use mustard and sesame oil.
Coconut oil proves to be highly beneficial for this remedy. The lauric acid present in it reduces inflammation and kills bacteria.
For this, massage one tablespoon of oil into the mouth. Keep doing this process for 15-20 minutes. Like other remedies, it does not spoil your teeth so that even if its use is not beneficial, it does not harm you.
Use of Baking soda for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
Baking soda has teeth whitening properties, so it is present in most toothpaste. One creates an alkaline environment in your mouth that bacteria cannot produce. Its effect is not immediately visible, so you can see its effect by using it for a long time. Some research has proved that toothpaste containing baking soda is beneficial for teeth.
It has been found that toothpaste that contains baking soda is more beneficial for teeth. For this, you can brush 2 tablespoons of baking soda with water.
Apple vinegar for healthy, strong, whiter teeth –
Apple vinegar has long been used as a cleaning agent. It contains acetic acid, which helps in getting rid of bacteria. This is why it is useful for cleaning teeth. Research has found that apple vinegar has bleaching properties that make it clean the teeth, but it has also been proven that vinegar softens your teeth. Acetic acid can also spoil your teeth, so do not use it excessively. To use it as a mouthwash, add water to it and keep it in the mouth for a few minutes but do rinse it with plain water.
Use of Olive oil –
Apply olive oil to your teeth with the help of a cotton pad. It helps in removing plaque and makes teeth glow. It also protects teeth from de-coloration caused by coffee, cigarettes, etc.
Use of Turmeric –
Put a pinch of turmeric powder on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it. Leave it for 2-3 minutes. Then rinse with water and then brush with your regular toothpaste. Repeat this remedy 2-3 times a week.
Taking basil in the mouth protects against infection and reduces bacteria. In this way, there is no problem with a plaque in the teeth, smell in the mouth, cavity and due to this, the teeth remain strong. Besides eating basil leaves, dry basil leaves in the sun, then grind it. Make powder and brush it on the teeth.
Gooseberry, rich in vitamin C and other nutrients, makes teeth strong. It helps in protecting from mouth bacteria. It also increases eyesight and boosts the immune system.
Also, read- How to improve eyesight naturally
Peppermint for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
Peppermint, with anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties, keeps teeth healthy. Pour mint leaves in water and keep it for half an hour to heat. Sieve it put water in the mouth and rinse it for a few minutes. Repeating this daily will strengthen the teeth.
Mustard oil and salt for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
Mustard oil and salt can be used for teeth strength and gum health. It protects against bacteria from being anti-septic and anti-bacterial. For this, mix two teaspoons of salt in three teaspoons of mustard oil and massage this mixture on your finger for a few minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water.
Sesame oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
Keep sesame oil in the mouth. After rolling it in the mouth for 20 minutes, spit out the oil. Then rinse with lukewarm water. After that brush. Doing this daily kills bacteria and harmful germs of the mouth, but care should be taken not to gargle with sesame oil nor try to swallow.
Neem (Azadirachta indica) –
Neem has antibacterial properties that help to make teeth strong and healthy. It has many antiseptic properties. Use a mouthwash made of neem regularly.
Use of Clove oil for healthy, strong, whiter teeth-
Clove oil is effective in toothache, swelling of gums. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties. Regularly massage with clove oil, they fight bacteria that weaken teeth.
Keep these things in mind to protect teeth from cavities –
- Reduce the intake of sweet items. Eating too much sugary bacteria thrives in the teeth, which makes the mouth acidic and causes problems of tooth weakening, rotting, breakdown, etc.
If eating sweet things, then rinse immediately with lukewarm water immediately after eating.
- Protect your teeth from acids. For this, reduce the use of alcohol, cold drinks, packaged juice, soda drinks, tea, and coffee, as these drinks damage the teeth.
- If you are also drinking them, instead of drinking directly, use a straw, so that they are minimally exposed to the teeth.
- Brush your teeth 2 times a day with a good brush.
- It would be better if you eat water after eating anything and eat sugarless chewing gum. This keeps the pH level of the teeth correctly.
- Always use good toothpaste. Use of homemade prescriptions, Neem-Datun, etc. is fine, but it is also necessary to use a toothpaste containing fluoride at least 1 time a day so that the teeth can get the necessary minerals.
- Keep your diet in such a way that you get all the essential nutrients, especially calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus in good quantity because these three elements are very important for teeth.
Please share and comment suggestions if any, on the comment box.