High blood pressure is the most dangerous disease, which is a result of modern lifestyles and part of today’s race life. It is also known as Hypertension. This disease is also called a silent killer because most people do not know timely that they have high BP.
High blood pressure patients should take more care of their food habits because high blood pressure patients may have a risk of heart attack, kidney problems, and bad effects on other organs of the body.
Due to high blood pressure, the blood is not properly circulated in heart and body, due to which people suffering from high blood pressure, are vulnerable to other diseases.
High blood pressure is putting lives in danger. If this happens once, then people have to take medicines to control BP throughout their life, but changing lifestyles and foods can get rid of this disease. So let us discuss how to lower high blood pressure naturally by changing our lifestyle and food habits.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is high blood pressure –
- 2 What are the symptoms of high blood pressure?
- 3 Why does high blood pressure occur?
- 4 How to lower high blood pressure naturally –
- 4.1 Psychological preparation-
- 4.2 To lower high blood pressure, physical exercise should be compulsory –
- 4.3 Laughing is beneficial to lower high blood pressure –
- 4.4 To lower blood pressure, the emphasis on water intake –
- 4.5 Control body weight to lower high blood pressure –
- 4.6 Quit smoking to lower high blood pressure –
- 4.7 Control stress to lower blood pressure –
- 4.8 Good and sound sleep to lower high blood pressure –
- 4.9 Foods to lower high blood pressure naturally –
- 4.9.1 Do not eat fried food to lower high blood pressure: –
- 4.9.2 To lower high blood pressure, use rock salt instead of ordinary salt-
- 4.9.3 Use dry fruits to lower high blood pressure –
- 4.9.4 Eat dairy products to lower blood pressure:-
- 4.9.5 To lower high blood pressure, use more green vegetables in food –
- 4.10 Home remedies to lower high blood pressure –
- 5 Conclusion –
What is high blood pressure –
Generally, this pressure is 120, which is called upper pressure or systolic. Between pumping twice, the time the heart relaxes is about half a second, during which time the pressure on the arteries decreases significantly and becomes about 80, this is called lower pressure or diastolic. This is important for our health. Increasing this limit means that the heart is being burdened.
What are the symptoms of high blood pressure?
The most dangerous thing related to hypertension is that even after being affected for years, it does not show symptoms of its occurrence. It is necessary to have regular health check-ups to detect this disease. It is said that if these problems occur, it should be treated as a symptom and checked immediately:-
• Visual impairment
• Trouble breathing
• Irregular heartbeat
• Pimples in the chest, neck or ears
• Chest pain
Why does high blood pressure occur?
- Obesity is the main reason. Men with a waist of more than 40 inches and women with a waist of more than 35 inches have a higher risk of hypertension. Therefore, if you want to avoid heart diseases, then control the weight. The risk of heart attack can be reduced by controlling weight and reducing the size of the waist.
- Cholesterol increases due to excessive stress, resulting in high blood pressure.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol also have a bad effect on heart health. Reduce alcohol consumption and quit smoking. Drinking more alcohol is harmful to the heart.
- People whose lifestyle is not physically active, also have a higher risk of heart disease and high blood pressure than other people. So exercise daily and eat a balanced diet.
- Tea, energy drinks, and caffeine-rich foods give instant energy, but there is a risk of increasing blood pressure. So take caffeine in a balanced amount.
How to lower high blood pressure naturally –
To control high blood pressure, you should make a firm determination on your own as this is what you can do. However, you can also take the help of your parents, friends, family members, or people around you for this. You tell them that whenever you do something wrong in your lifestyle which is harmful to you, they alert you, which will help you in this work in a positive way.
Also, read – How to stay positive in life easily
To lower high blood pressure, physical exercise should be compulsory –
Regular yoga practice not only keeps stress under control but also keeps the mind healthy. For this, do exercise, yoga, and meditation daily in the morning. Get up early in the morning and take a walk at least half hours. Keep the lifestyle well. To continue practicing yoga and exercise daily, you can join any organisation related to it or should prepare a group of friends and relatives and practice yoga and exercise together. Because practicing in a group gives us encouragement and we are encouraged to continue it daily. This is the best way to continue yoga and exercise daily and implement in daily lifestyle.
Yoga is a spiritual path, which can control high blood pressure by reducing stress. Various positions of Yoga are done to keep the body disease-free and healthy. For blood pressure, one can initially learn yoga from a qualified yoga expert.
Laughing is beneficial to lower high blood pressure –
Laughing openly keeps blood circulation right in our bodies. Actually, when we laugh, a lot of oxygen reaches our body, which helps in keeping the heart pumping rate right. According to researches, people who watch comedy programs are always happy to have better blood circulation than others.
Also, by laughing, you are also protected from many diseases. For this, you can join any laughter club. Laughing openly or after laughter therapy makes blood vessels function properly and increases blood flow, reduces stress, increases immunity, and lower blood pressure. This helps to avoid problems like heart disease, heart attack, and stroke, etc.
Also, read – Laughter therapy and its amazing benefits
To lower blood pressure, the emphasis on water intake –
The function of water is to digest food and to remove contaminants from the body. If you have drunk less water then it is not right and even if you have drunk more, it is also not right, that is, drink the right amount of water at the right time. Drink water only when your body is thirsty and drink as much as your thirst. Drinking water helps in weight loss and it is a natural way to lose weight. Drink water one hour before a meal and then an hour after a meal. Do not drink water in the meantime.
Also, read – Right ways to drink water
Control body weight to lower high blood pressure –
Increased weight can cause high blood pressure. Therefore, to maintain body weight, the doctor must measure and calculate the body mass index. Also, keep medical advice to keep your weight under control.
Also, read- Natural ways to lose weight fast easily
Quit smoking to lower high blood pressure –
One reason for high blood pressure is smoking. Therefore, do not smoke at all when high blood pressure is identified. Consuming more alcohol also increases the risk of high blood pressure. If you are a patient of high blood pressure, Do not consume alcohol even by mistake.
Control stress to lower blood pressure –
High stress is the root of many diseases, including hypertension. Therefore, to get rid of high blood pressure it is important to control stress. Excess stress leads to the growth of vasoconstriction hormone in the body. These hormones can cause high blood pressure by narrowing blood vessels and increasing heart rate.
High BP can be treated by controlling stress. Meditation is the easiest way to control stress and stay healthy. In the beginning, you can take the help of a yoga institute to learn meditation.
Also read – Best ways to stay healthy naturally always
Good and sound sleep to lower high blood pressure –
Lack of sleep also causes high blood pressure. If the person starts sleeping properly, then the blood pressure starts controlling itself. Practically it happens if we do not get good sleep, then blood flow in our body is not right and digestion is also affected, which causes high blood pressure. Therefore good sleep is very important to control high blood pressure.
Also, read – Natural easy tips for good and relax sleep
Foods to lower high blood pressure naturally –
Follow the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet to reduce high blood pressure. DASH encourages the consumption of fruits, vegetables, low-fat milk-based food items, and non-fat meat. High BP can be controlled to some extent through this diet. Some tips for dietary changes are given below –
Do not eat fried food to lower high blood pressure: –
If you are eating oily food, then leave immediately. Include leafy vegetables, gourd, pumpkin, lemon, mint, broccoli, and foods with sufficient potassium and fiber in your diet. Fruits can include sweet potato, banana, strawberry, mango, watermelon, and kiwi.
To lower high blood pressure, use rock salt instead of ordinary salt-
Rock salt is very beneficial in controlling high blood pressure. Along with this, it helps in lowering cholesterol, thereby reducing the risk of a heart attack. It is also effective in reducing the increased cholesterol in your body. This keeps you away from heart diseases and also reduces the risk of heart attack and keeps you healthy. Rock salt reduces stress.
It maintains the balance of serotonin and melatonin hormones which help in fighting stress. This salt is also helpful in reducing increasing weight. Drink rock salt in a glass of warm water every morning. Along with improving metabolism, it also corrects the digestive system. Due to increasing metabolism, the fat in the body is slowly released.
Use dry fruits to lower high blood pressure –
Dry fruits can also play an important role in managing blood pressure levels in the body. Dry fruits and nuts contain high amounts of fiber. These are among the health beneficial nutrients for the body. This helps in keeping blood pressure level normal. Eat groundnut, peanut butter, almonds, and dry grapes. Apart from this, ghee, jaggery, honey, and marmalade can also be eaten. This will be very beneficial for the heart.
Eat dairy products to lower blood pressure:-
Studies by The American Heart Association notes that eating dairy products daily does not cause hypertension. Curd is the most effective dairy product for the prevention of high blood pressure, but if you want, you can also consume low-fat milk as an alternative.
Yogurt also reduces the problem of high blood pressure. Apart from this, cheese, fat-free, or low-fat dairy products can be consumed.
To lower high blood pressure, use more green vegetables in food –
Include more fruits and green vegetables in your diet. These include garlic, onion, whole grains, and soybeans. Reduce salt intake. Reduce tea or coffee.
Home remedies to lower high blood pressure –
- In increasing blood pressure, salt is an important thing to mind. Therefore, to control high blood pressure, reduce the use of salt.
- Garlic is a very helpful home remedy to cure blood pressure. It does not allow the blood clot to settle and keeps cholesterol in check. One or two garlic buds can be taken on an empty stomach every morning.
- Mixing a large spoon of gooseberry juice and the same amount of honey, taking it twice a day provides relief in high blood pressure.
- To control high blood pressure, dissolve one spoon of black pepper powder in half a glass of warm water and drink it at intervals of 2-2 hours.
- Grind the melon seeds and poppy seeds separately and mix in equal quantity and keep it. Take one spoon of it daily in the morning.
- To control the increased blood pressure quickly, squeeze half a lemon in half a glass of water and drink it at an interval of 2-2 hours.
- Grind five basil leaves and two neem leaves and dissolve in 20 grams of water and drink on an empty stomach in the morning. It is very beneficial to control blood pressure.
- Papaya is also of great benefit for high blood pressure patients, eat it on an empty stomach daily.
- Walk 10-15 minutes on bare feet on the green grass. By doing this daily, blood pressure becomes normal.
- Make the powder by taking an equal quantity of fennel, cumin, and sugar. Dissolve one spoonful of mixture in a glass of water and drink it in the morning and evening.
- Drink a glass of juice of spinach and carrot juice in the morning and evening, there will be a benefit in controlling blood pressure.
- Bitter gourd and drumstick pods are extremely beneficial for high blood pressure patients. Bitter gourd can also be used as a juice.
- Make bread by mixing an equal quantity of wheat and gram flour and eat it by chewing plenty of times.
- Use brown rice. This is a very beneficial food for high blood pressure patients.
- Ginger is also very beneficial like onion and garlic. They also relax the muscles around the arteries, which brings down high blood pressure.
- Take three grams of fenugreek powder with water in the morning and evening. Taking it for fifteen days is very beneficial in controlling blood pressure.
- Grape juice is very useful in high blood pressure. Red and black grapes have a high number of anti-oxidants, this prevents blood from freezing or clotting. Therefore, eating grapes prevents cancer, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
High blood pressure is a very dangerous disease that can not be completely eradicated but can be controlled. Making the above mentioned natural methods and home remedies a part of the lifestyle can help in controlling the symptoms of high blood pressure. Doctors also suggest a change in the lifestyle along with medications for high blood pressure treatment. Therefore, to be determined to control high blood pressure, the above things must be included in the lifestyle.
If you like this information, please share and comment.